YTTC is affiliated to Yoga Allaince International, India
Palolem- Goa ( By the Beach)
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course is an intensive 15 days retreat created with the aim to give you a solid foundation in yoga. The course will be led by a team of experienced teachers with experience in yoga and meditation. You will learn authentic Hatha Yoga combined with modern styles like Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Yin/Restorative yoga. The theory classes will be giving you an in depth explanation of the Yoga Philosophy and esoteric Yoga and how it works on the various planes.
Those who want to explore & deepen their practice and experience the ancient science of Ashtanga Yoga should join this course. The best part of the course is that it discovers the teacher residing you and make you confident to teach others.
After the successful completion of the course, you will receive Certification from the Academy of Yoga Studies and Research which is a registered school for yoga trainings and workshops.
Mystic Yoga Life prepares you to become a yoga teacher through an internationally accredited teaching yoga certification program. The primary aim of this yoga teacher certification course is to make a new generation of yoga instructors with a profound knowledge of Authentic Traditional yoga and the yogi way of living through a deeper understanding of their own practice and their own body.
The yoga courses are based on theoretical background on anatomy, physiology, pranayama, philosophy, and ethics of yoga presented in an interactive way of applying the knowledge on the daily asanas practice and the peer-to- peer observation and adjustment.
Learn to teach yoga with confidence in any mix level class by having the appropriate information to build safe and imaginative asana sequences. You will learn all these in the most idyllic location in Goa, which is well-known for the amazing nature totally conducive to yoga and the crystal blue beaches are perfect for yoga and relaxation
The teachers are always present in your practice just observing and suggesting you the necessary corrections, variations, or improvements. Once a week, there will also be posture clinic lessons to make sure that you practice with correct techniques and alignment so that when you leave the course, you have advanced your practice to a much higher level than you came with and can apply the theoretical knowledge in your own practice.
There will be observation and feedback on your personal practice by teachers everyday immediately after the asana class, followed by daily hands-on adjustments by expert teachers to deepen your physical practice. This 15 days yoga teacher training program incorporates training hours in the following educational categories and topics:
• Analysis of the primary basic postures and more advanced postures (arm balances, back-bends, and inversions)
• Modifications, other variations, and advanced variation of all postures
How to use yoga props:
• Block, bolster, strap, and blanket
• Wall in your yoga practice
You will start to teach from day one. The building of the yoga lessons will be gradual and smooth, facilitating everyone to develop their talents. Teaching will also be progressive, starting with one-to-one lessons in the beginning and moving step by step to bigger groups of students ending up in full open classes.
Regular feedback is given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher. Some of the things you will do and learn include:
• Practice teaching
• Receiving feedback
• Observing others teaching
• Hearing and giving feedback
• Assisting students while someone else is teaching
• Learn to give hands-on adjustment
• Teaching methodology and technique
• Principles of demonstration
• Observing, assisting, and correcting
• Instruction, teaching styles, and qualities of a teacher
• Voice projection and floor presence
The process of learning
• Planning and structuring a class
• Alignment and hands-on adjustment
• Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
• Business aspects of teaching yoga
• Pranayama, mudra, bandhas, and kriya
Pranayama (yogic breathing)
According to the great yogis, breath equals to energy flow. So through these morning classes, the trainees will get hands-on experience of how the breath works. Pranayama course will consist of the introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, an anatomy of breathing, and yogic breathing. Moreover, various breath technics will be tested such as:
• Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
• Sheetali (cooling breath)
• Shitkari (hissing breath)
• Bhramari (humming bee breath)
• Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath)
• Bhastrika (bellows breath)
• Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath)
• Suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath)
Mudra (psychical gesture)
Discussion in mudra will cover introduction, types, hand mudras, head mudras, postural mudras, lock mudras, lock (bandha) mudras, and perennial mudras.
Bandhas (energy locks)
Discussion on bandhas will cover introduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, and great lock.
• Meaning of yoga, concepts, and history
• The eight-limb path of yoga according to Patanjali
• Four schools of yoga
• Nadis (energy channels), chakras, and Kundalini
• Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
• The aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, meaning of Om, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, and Samadhi yoga
• Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an unconcentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, and methods to control the modifications of mind
• Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
This will include both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). This also includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.). You will also learn practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in-depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences. For example: compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
These topics are included as well:
• Introduction and different body systems
• Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and major joints of the body
• The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, and shoulder
• Breathing and respiratory system
• Career as a teacher
• Setting up your own studio, school, or business
• Marketing strategy, advertising, and public relation
• Ethics in yoga business building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios, and retreats
• 06:00 Pranayama and meditation
• 07:15 Vinyasa Flow practice
• 09:15 Breakfast
• 10:30 Teaching techniques (adjustment and alignment)
• 13:00 Lunch break
• 15:00 Anatomy and philosophy
• 16:30 practice
• 17:30 Posture and Alignment analysis and self-study
• 19:00 Dinner
• Daily asana practices
• Personal development classes
• Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
• Courses on physiological and energetic basis of yoga
• Authentic Traditional Yogasana certificate (Academy of Yoga Studies and Research) and letter of recommendation
• 14 nights accommodation
• Daily vegetarian meals